LEARN HOW TO SAFELY OPERATE A CHAINSAW
Our 1-day Chainsaw course is designed for all people who want to learn how to safely use a chainsaw to trim and cut felled trees.
- ✔ Cost $350 per person
- ✔ Duration 1 day
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training using a chainsaw!
- Comply with legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and established safe practices and procedures for trimming and cutting felled trees.
- Review and accurately identify work requirements.
- Select, use and maintain relevant equipment safely and effectively trim and cut felled trees.
- Identify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures.
- Use appropriate communication and interpersonal techniques with colleagues and others.
- Accurately locate, record and report information.
Please note that this course is not suitable for non-felled trees.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for FWPCOT2239 Trim and Cut Felled Trees (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency & does not expire.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to hold & use a chainsaw to cut through materials);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $350 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.