Confined Space RIIWHS202D
LEARN HOW TO ENTER & WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
Our 1-day Confined Space course covers the critical safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces. Many employers require this course as a pre-requisite for jobs in mining, construction, logistics and engineering industries. This course is designed for participants that have a need to enter and/or work in confined spaces as part of their regular duties.
- ✔ Cost $290 per person
- ✔ Duration 1 day
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training in a confined space!
- Understanding current legislation and terms.
- Definition and identification of a confined space.
- Atmospheric volumes.
- Working in accordance with procedures.
- Effective communication in and around confined spaces.
- Risk assessment / Job Safety Analysis permit system.
- Understanding tag out / lock out and confined space isolation.
- Understanding and demonstrating hazard reduction and risk assessment.
- Entering and working in a confined space.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Safety equipment.
- Understanding and monitoring atmospheric testing equipment.
- Tally boards.
- Densities of gases.
- Emergency response.
- Exiting the confined space.
- Please note that although some information on atmospheric testing is covered in this course, you will not receive accreditation for Gas Test Atmospheres (as this is a separate unit). Please find further information on that course here: http://www.down2earth.com.au/courses/gas-test-atmospheres-msmwhs217
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS202D Enter & Work in Confined Spaces (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but the industry recommendation is for Confined Space training to be refreshed every 2 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be able to enter and work in a confined space and on top of a platform (eg. no claustrophobia or fear of heights);
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (entering and working within a confined space, ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $290 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.