LEARN HOW TO USE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER THE RIGHT WAY!
This two (2) hour Fire Extinguisher course is designed for personnel occupying premises equipped with portable firefighting equipment (eg. fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reel). This course aims to prepare participants to have knowledge and confidence in fire emergency response, identify on-site fire extinguisher types, operate portable fire extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels effectively and safely, identify fire hazards in your workplace, improve housekeeping techniques to reduce the risk of fire, employ safe working practices. Ideal for work groups.
- ✔ Duration 2 hours
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ No theory or practical assessment
- ✔ Non-accredited
- Describe the principles and components of combustion.
- Colour coding of fire extinguishers.
- Properties of extinguishants
- Extinguishant / fire compatibility.
- Hands-on use of extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels.
All participants that successfully complete the course will be issued with a certificate of attendance. This is not a nationally recognised course.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must bring photo ID;
- Must wear comfortable training attire and closed in shoes (eg. no thongs, sandals, singlets, skirts).
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia or the course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
This course is ideally designed for delivery to groups of participants. Please enquire for a quote – Phone (08) 9528 8888.