HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
First Aid course
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE - DON'T DELAY, CALL US TODAY!
Our 1-day Provide First Aid course covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. This course applies to anyone who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- ✔ GREAT VALUE at only $210 per person.
- ✔ Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available to eligible candidates (up to 80% off the course cost!).
- ✔ Duration 1 day (8 hours).
- ✔ No homework or external course work required.
- ✔ Face to face training.
- ✔ CPR unit is included free of charge.
- ✔ Courses run weekly.
- ✔ Full certification can be provided on the day of training (conditions apply, please enquire).
- ✔ Courses run at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia.
- State/Territory regulations and legislation.
- Legal, workplace and community considerations.
- Considerations when providing first aid.
- Applying first aid procedures for allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, envenomation, fractures, sprains, strains, respiratory distress, shock etc.
- Basic anatomy and physiology.
- DRSABCD (CPR training).
- Following the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Safe manual handling techniques.
- Post-incident debriefing and evaluation.
- Verbal/written report of the incident.
- No out of hours/homework or pre-course material needs to be done
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (as shown below). These are nationally recognised units of competency.
The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommends that Provide First Aid be refreshed every 3 years, and CPR be refreshed annually.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be able to complete floor work for CPR practicals (eg. kneeling);
- Must have good general health and fitness for CPR practicals (eg. resuscitation);
- Must wear comfortable training attire and closed in shoes (eg. no thongs, sandals, singlets, skirts);
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $210 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.