Manual Metal Arc Welding (Basic) MEM05012C
LEARN HOW TO STICK WELD!
Our 5-day Basic Manual Metal Arc (stick) Welding course covers preparing the materials and carrying out routine manual metal arc welding. The skills attained can be applied in a maintenance or manufacturing environment where the welding is not required to meet an Australian standard or equivalent. Fillet and butt welds would typically be performed on low carbon/mild steels.
- ✔ Cost $1600 per person
- ✔ Duration 5 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training!
- Site requirements and information.
- Preparing materials for welding.
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures.
- Welding equipment and consumables.
- Welding symbols.
- Weld positions.
- Operating principles and process variables.
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion.
- Heating and cooling.
- Testing techniques.
- Weld procedures.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05012C Perform Routine Manual Metal Arc Welding (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $1600 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.