MEM05016C Perform Advanced Welding using Manual Metal Arc Welding Process
BECOME AN ADVANCED STICK WELDER!
Our 5-day Advanced Manual Metal Arc (stick) Welding course covers preparing materials, selecting and setting up the welding equipment, carrying out advanced manual metal arc welding, inspecting for and correcting defects and maintaining the weld records.
- ✔ Cost $1680 per person
- ✔ Duration 5 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training!
- Site requirements and information.
- Preparing materials for welding.
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures.
- Welding equipment and consumables.
- Welding symbols.
- Weld positions.
- Operating principles and process variables.
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion.
- Heating and cooling.
- Testing techniques.
- Advanced manual metal arc welding.
- Weld procedures.
- Weld records.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05016C Perform Advanced Welding using Manual Metal Arc Welding Process (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Pre-requisite units (must bring evidence of completion of these units):
- - MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding;
- - MEM050115D Weld using manual metal arc welding process;
- - MEM05051A Select welding processes (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM18001C Use hand tools (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM05007C Perform manual heating & thermal cutting (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing (DTE pre-course booklet).
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $1680 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
The pre-course assessment booklet and resource manual can be provided to you by DTE at a cost of $100 (see candidate requirements).
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.