MEM05017D Weld using Gas Metal Arc Welding Process
EXPAND YOUR MIG WELDING SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Our 5-day Intermediate Gas Metal Arc (MIG) Welding course covers the preparation, positioning, fixing, and manual welding techniques associated with general trade level welding using gas metal arc welding equipment. It includes the selection and set up of the equipment appropriate to both the material and the weld to be performed, carrying out the GMAW to prescribed standards, and examining for and correcting defects, in a range of welded fabrications.
- ✔ Cost $1680 per person
- ✔ Duration 5 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training!
- Site requirements and information.
- Preparing materials for welding.
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures.
- Welding equipment and consumables.
- Welding symbols.
- Weld positions.
- Operating principles and process variables.
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion.
- Heating and cooling.
- Testing techniques.
- Weld procedures.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05017D Weld using Gas Metal Arc Welding Process (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Pre-requisite units (must bring evidence of completion of these units):
- - MEM05050B Perform Routine Gas Metal Arc Welding;
- - MEM05051A Select welding processes (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM18001C Use hand tools (DTE pre-course booklet);
- - MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations (DTE pre-course booklet).
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $1680 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
The pre-course assessment booklet and resource manual can be provided to you by DTE at a cost of $100 (see candidate requirements).
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.