Rigging (Advanced) CPCCLRG4001A
OBTAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO BECOME AN ADVANCED RIGGER!
Being an Advanced Rigger means that your duties will include all those of an Intermediate Rigger plus advanced rigging work such as temporary hung platforms, suspended scaffolds (swing stages), span ropes (flying foxes and cableways), gin poles, guyed derricks. Our 3-day course covers everything you need to know to become an Advanced Rigger!
- ✔ Cost $800 per person
- ✔ Duration 3 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Worksafe WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training!
- ✔ Pre-requisite to Advanced Rigging!
- Requirements for certification.
- OHS Legislation (responsibilities of employers and employees) Act and Regulations.
- Application of Australian and National Standards in relation to modules and units of competency: AS/NZ1576.1-4, AS/NZ4576 1995, AS1891, AS2626.
- Code of Practice (prevention of falls from heights).
- Personal and general safety.
- Span ropes and flying foxes.
- Gin poles and shear legs.
- Guyed derricks and structures.
- Fabricated hung scaffolds.
- Erection of needle supports.
- Plan and prepare work on site.
- Be able to identify workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Be able to conduct inspections all rigging equipment/gear before and after use, repairing if necessary.
- Be able to coordinate transport rigging equipment/gear to site.
- Be able to prepare the site for rigging work.
- Be able to erect span rope and prepare for load movement and placement using correct rigging gear.
- Be able to move, place and secure load.
- Be able to dismantle, remove and store span rope and rigging equipment/gear.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCLRG4001A Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced level (as shown below). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring copy of valid & current Worksafe Intermediate Rigging ticket (pre-requisite);
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work & ability to work at heights);
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $800 per person, plus $110 Worksafe application fee. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.