RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
GET YOUR CONFINED SPACE & GAS TESTING TICKET IN 1 DAY
Our 1-day Confined Space and Gas Test Atmospheres combined course covers the critical safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces, and the testing of a working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work. This course is designed for any person who may be required to work in confined spaces and/or gas test atmospheres as a part of their work duties, or for those who are looking to enter this field of work.
- ✔ Cost $305 per person
- ✔ Duration 1 day
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training in a confined space
- ✔ Achieve 2 units of competency in 1 day!
- Understanding current legislation and terms.
- Definition and identification of a confined space.
- Working in accordance with procedures.
- Determining atmosphere to be tested.
- Work permits.
- Safe and hazardous atmospheres.
- Explosive ranges.
- Selecting and calibration of equipment.
- Testing and monitoring of equipment.
- Identifying hazards and implementing controls.
- Effective communication in and around confined spaces.
- Risk assessment / Job Safety Analysis permit system.
- Understanding tag out / lock out and confined space isolation.
- Understanding and demonstrating hazard reduction and risk assessment.
- Entering and working in a confined space.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Safety equipment.
- Understanding and monitoring atmospheric testing equipment.
- Tally boards.
- Densities of gases.
- Emergency response.
- Exiting the confined space.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Maintenance procedures and cleaning.
- Inspection and fault finding.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS202D Enter & Work in Confined Spaces and MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres (as shown below). These are nationally recognised units of competency.
These units of competency do not expire, but the industry recommendation is for Confined Space and Gas Test Atmospheres training to be refreshed every 2 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be able to enter and work in a confined space and on top of a platform (eg. no claustrophobia or fear of heights);
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (entering and working within a confined space, ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $305 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.