TLILIC0002 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A VEHICLE LOADING CRANE!
This national recognised course specifies the outcomes required to operate a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, mounted on a vehicle for the principle purpose of loading and unloading such a vehicle, including the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load, for licensing purposes. Offered as a 1, 3 and 5 day course depending on experience.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Definition of a slewing mobile crane
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights)
- Load Calculations
- Use and application of fibre ropes. Flexible steel wire ropes, chains, synthetic slings and lifting gear
- Requirements for certification under the National Standards
- Communication skills
- Safe Slinging and Lifting practices
- Selection and use of mobile cranes AS 2550
- The identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures
- Be able to establish the mass and dimensions of different loads to be lifted
- Learning, understanding and the application of appropriate methods of communication with the crane operator
- Plan a lift in conjunction with the crane operator and site supervisor
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for TLILIC0002 Licence to operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes & above).
You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years. Worksafe application fee is payable on the day. New application $115 and variant $93 inclusive of processing fee.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work)
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.