HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation & UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING OPTION!
This nationally recognised course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This course applies to all people who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Perform rescue from a live LV panel covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
- Identify and control risks and hazards
- Safe performance of live electrical work
- Obligations of the employer
- Obligations of the employee
- General principals of low voltage rescue
- Use and maintenance of the rescue kit
- Low voltage rescue procedures
- Treatment of victims (inc. CPR)
- Securing the incident zone
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel. These are nationally recognised units of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must be able to complete floor work for CPR practicals (eg. kneeling)
- Must have good general health and fitness for CPR practicals (eg. resuscitation)
- Must wear comfortable training attire and closed in shoes (eg. no thongs, sandals, singlets, skirts)
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, literacy and numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.