UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel (Refresher)
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING OPTION!
This Competency Standard Unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
- Identify and control risks and hazards
- Safe performance of live electrical work
- Obligations of the employer
- Obligations of the employee
- General principals of low voltage rescue
- Use and maintenance of the rescue kit
- Low voltage rescue procedures
- Treatment of victims
- Securing the incident zone
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear comfortable training attire and closed in shoes (eg. no thongs, sandals, singlets, skirts)
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Must hold statement of attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Language, literacy and numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.