CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos
LEARN HOW TO REMOVE NON FRIABLE ASBESTOS IN 1 DAY!
This nationally recognised course provides the learner with the required knowledge and skills to remove non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The training is delivered at our site using a purpose-built environment to simulate a real-life working environment. You will learn to prepare for asbestos removal, isolate the removal site, carry out decontamination, clean up site and complete documents.
At no time during training will anyone be exposed to asbestos.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Introduction and Legislation
- Preparing for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Practical training in wearing PPE, setting up exclusion zone, removing asbestos, wrapping asbestos, decontaminating your PPE, and removing the PPE
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCDE3014A Remove Non-Friable Asbestos. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: https://www.usi.gov.au/
Provided with Course
- A copy of the Code of Practice to Safely Remove Asbestos
- Disposable coveralls, P2 mask, glasses & gloves required to complete the practical training at no extra charge
- Required equipment to use to set up a non-friable removal site prior to conducting removal
- You will remove simulated asbestos sheeting from a space under simulated work conditions
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at our training site
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.