RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
LEARN HOW TO SAFELY OPERATE SMALL PLANT & EQUIPMENT
This nationally recognised course identifies the competency required to use small plant and equipment commonly used in civil construction activities and sites. This course mainly centers around the use of a quick-cut concrete saw, but other types of small plant and equipment that may be used in the training can include (but is not limited to): compressors, concrete mixers, pumps, wheelbarrows, generators, compaction equipment, brick/masonry saws, industrial wet and dry vacuum cleaners, road saws, brush cutters, mowers, pressure cleaners. Generally, 2-3 pieces of small plant and equipment will be used in training. On-site training can be customised to specific items of small plant and equipment used in your workplace.
- OHS/WHS policies and procedures
- Plan and prepare to use small plant and equipment
- Hazard identification and control
- Choose small plant and equipment for task
- Identifying types of small plant & equipment
- Routine checks
- Reporting faults
- Operating techniques
- Shutting down and storing small plant and equipment
- Carrying out maintenance tasks
- Processing records & reports
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIISAM204D Operate Small Plant & Equipment. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to hold & use small plant & equipment)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.