RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
PREVENT INJURY & PERFORM MANUAL TASKS SAFELY!
Our half-day Manual Handling course covers various types of manual handling methods including lifting, shifting, pushing, pulling etc. This course would suit any industry and workplace environment.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Defining Manual Handling
- Employer / Employee responsibilities
- Manual Handling injuries
- Risk assessment/Job Safety Analysis
- Various types of Manual Handling
- Manual Handling techniques (the right and wrong way)
- Suitable equipment/machinery to assist with Manual Handling in the workplace
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS201D Work Safely & Follow WHS Policies & Procedures (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. no injuries or pre-existing conditions that may be aggravated through movement and/or the lifting/shifting of loads)
- Must wear comfortable training attire and closed in shoes (eg. no thongs, sandals, singlets, skirts)
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $250 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.