Working At Heights Training Perth & Rockingham
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING OPTION!
This nationally recognised course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to safely use fall prevention equipment when working at heights. This course is designed for participants currently working (or intending to work) at heights such as roofs, construction sites or similar. A working safely at heights ticket is often a pre-requisite set by employers for jobs in resources, construction and engineering industries.
- How to perform an inspection on fall prevention equipment prior to using
- Hazard Identification, assessment & control
- Determine when a piece of equipment should not be used and what to do about it
- Differences in Fall Arrest & Fall Restraint systems
- Correct fitting and adjusting of harnesses
- How to select and anchorage point and how to safely use it
- How to clean and store fall prevention equipment
- Static lines, types, requirements and how to use them
- Using Ladders & Work Platforms (scaffolds & EWP's)
- Industrial Rope Access Systems
- Emergency Rescue Procedures
- Relevant Australian Standards and Codes of Practice regarding fall prevention equipment and policies
- Requirements when working on fragile roofs
- Requirements when operating EWPs or working on Scaffolding
Choose Your Learning Option
About blended learning
Blended learning uses a mix of learning and assessing strategies to deliver the most time-saving and cost-effective result. It is a combination of online learning and classroom training. When you select the blended learning option you will receive an email with your login details so you can begin learning immediately, you will then attend the classroom training where you complete your final practical assessment. By learning at your own pace, you can expect to complete the online learning and assessment within 1 to 3 hours. The classroom time is 4 hours.
About classroom learning
The traditional classroom training and assessment delivers theory and practical aspects in a face to face setting. There is no online learning or assessment. The duration of this course is 1 day.
Certification & Expiry
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency. The industry recommendation is for working safely at heights training to be refreshed every 2 years.
Enrol Online For Working At Heights Training Today
Receive your working at heights ticket by completing the RIIWHS204D competency at a reliable registered training organisation in Perth. To enrol online, add this course to your cart now. If you would like to find out more about our working safely at heights training course, please contact us today or feel free to give us a call on (08) 9528 8888.
The requirements to qualify for the working at heights ticket include:
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must be able to work on top of a platform (eg. no fear of heights)
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The working at heights training course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. We offer our comprehensive courses to companies and employees in construction from Perth to Mandurah. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. If you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training, please call us on (08) 9528 8888.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.