MEM05016C Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
BECOME AN ADVANCED STICK WELDER!
Our 5-day Advanced Manual Metal Arc (stick) Welding course covers preparing materials, selecting and setting up the welding equipment, carrying out advanced manual metal arc welding, inspecting for and correcting defects and maintaining the weld records.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Site requirements and information
- Preparing materials for welding
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures
- Welding equipment and consumables
- Welding symbols
- Weld positions
- Operating principles and process variables
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion
- Heating and cooling
- Testing techniques
- Advanced manual metal arc welding
- Weld procedures
- Weld records
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05016C Perform Advanced Welding Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Process. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Pre-requisite units (must bring evidence of completion of these units):
- MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- MEM050115D Weld using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05051A Select welding processes (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18001C Use hand tools (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating & thermal cutting (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing (DTE pre-course booklet)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.