MEM05048B Perform advanced welding using flux core arc welding process
BECOME AN ADVANCED FLUX CORE ARC WELDER!
ALL METAL WELDING COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO COURSE NUMBERS, PLEASE CALL DTE FOR INFORMATION
This Nationally reecognised course of Advanced Flux Core Arc (FCAW) Welding course relates to work carried out on a range of structural sections and/or plate and/or pipe for general fabrication and may include low carbon steel, stainless steel, low alloy steel, etc. As a guide, welds produced to the standard of this unit would typically conform to Australian Standard 1554 Structural Purpose, Bureau Det Norse Verticas or equivalent.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Site requirements and information
- Preparing materials for welding
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures
- Welding equipment and consumables
- Welding symbols
- Weld positions
- Operating principles and process variables
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion
- Heating and cooling
- Testing techniques
- Advanced flux core arc welding
- Weld procedures
- Weld records
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05048B Perform Advanced Welding using Flux Core Arc Welding Process. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Pre-requisite units (must bring evidence of completion of these units):
- MEM05050B Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- MEM05047B Weld using flux core arc welding process
- MEM05051A Select welding processes (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18001C Use hand tools (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating & thermal cutting (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing (DTE pre-course booklet)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.