RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations
BACKHOE OPERATIONS FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS
Our Backhoe operations course covers topics such as planning and preparing for operations, conducting machine pre-operational checks, operating the backhoe/loader, lifting, carrying and placing materials, selecting, removing and fitting attachments, relocating the backhoe/loader, carrying out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up.
This course can be customised for operators of all skill levels.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Site policies and procedures
- Work instructions
- Emergency procedures
- Hazard identification & control
- Select and inspect plant & equipment for task
- Backhoe/Loader operations
- Adjust techniques to meet changing conditions
- Lift, carry & place loads using slings and lifting gear
- Monitoring systems and alarms
- Checking completed work
- Park & shutdown machine
- Post-operational checks
- Prepare the machine for transportation
- Carry out maintenance tasks
- Clean up after work
- Process written records
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIMPO319E Conduct Backhoe/Loader Operations.
An experienced operator may choose an RPL assessment option that bypasses training. RPL assessment and VOC can be performed at your worksite.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to climb in/out of machine, operate controls etc.)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers..
Please note that costs will vary depending on duration of course required (determined by number of candidates on course and existing skill levels).