RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace and RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING OPTION!
This nationally recognised course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate in the workplace, work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures. This course combines the twp pre-requisite units of competency as specified by MainRoads WA for those wishing to obtain or refresh their Basic Worksite Traffic Management and/or Traffic Control accreditation.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
RIICOM201D Communicate in the Workplace
- Access, interpret and apply relevant documentation
- Establish and maintain communication
- Use of communication equipment and systems
- Follow safety procedures
- Identify and report faults
- Reporting & completion of records
RIIWHS201D Work Safely & Follow WHS Policies & Procedures
- Access, interpret and apply relevant documentation & permits
- Isolation of energy sources
- Select & wear appropriate PPE
- Establish & maintain safe work environment
- Emergency response procedures
- Risk identification & Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Complying with WHS policies and procedures
- Reporting & completion of records
Choose Your Learning Option
About blended learning
Blended learning uses a mix of learning and assessing strategies to deliver the most time-saving and cost-effective result. It is a combination of online learning and classroom training. When you select the blended learning option you will receive an email with your login details so you can begin learning immediately then you attend the classroom training where you complete your final practical assessment. By learning at your own pace you can expect to complete the online learning and assessment within 1 - 3 hours. The classroom time is 4 hours.
Don't forget to book your basic workplace traffic management course and/or traffic control course either online or phone us. You need to complete either/or BWTM or TC to fully complete the practical aspects of this course.
About classroom learning
The traditional classroom training and assessment delivers theory and practical aspects in a face to face setting. There is no online learning or assessment. The duration of this course is 1 day.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace and RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures. These are nationally recognised units of competency.
These are pre-requisite units of competency to complete Basic Worksite Traffic Management and/or Traffic Control training (including refreshers).
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. no injuries or pre-existing conditions that may be aggravated through movement and/or the lifting/shifting of equipment);
- Must wear hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. You will be refused entry to the course if you fail to attend in the correct clothing;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy, and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.