RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop-slow bat (Refresher)
REFRESH YOUR SKILLS IN 1 DAY!
Our 1-day Traffic Control refresher course has been developed to enable participants to refresh their existing skills in traffic control. This course is designed for participants who are already working on-site as traffic controllers and need to renew their existing tickets.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
This course covers any amendments to legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to traffic control within the past 3 years (since the time the participant obtained their previous TC ticket).
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a Main Roads WA approved statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
It is a requirement of Main Roads WA that your TC ticket is refreshed every 3 years if you are continuing to work in this field.
Course Pre-Requisites - email evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must provide details of a minimum 3 worksites with a supervisor contact details that can be verified
- Must provide a completed and signed site-specific SWMS, JSA or other hazard assessment used on a worksite within the last 12 months.
- Must hold current and valid Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control accreditation (must not be expired by more than 3 months)
- Must hold statement of attainment for RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace
- Must hold statement of attainment for RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
- Must bring completed industry engagement form
- Must hold valid driver’s licence (learner’s permits and moped licences not accepted)
- Must hold white card (blue card also accepted)
- Must hold USI number (visit http://www.usi.gov.au/ to apply for one)
If you are unable to provide the pre-requisites you are ineligible for the refresher course.
- Please bring photo ID - driver licence
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time
- Please wear hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. You will be refused entry to the course if you fail to wear the correct clothing
- Must have good verbal, reading and writing skills (see learner support)
- Please bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.